Tonight, in London, The Rolling Stones kicked off their 50th Anniversary celebration with the first of two shows at O2 Arena (later on in December two more shows in Newark and one in New York USA). With guest appearances of former members Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman plus Mary J. Blige, Jeff Beck and the London Youth Choir. Here’s the setlist update of their 2 hours and 18 minutes show! Mick Jagger: “It took us 50 years to get from Dartford to Greenwich.” Here some great Associated Press pics of: Mick, Keith, Ronnie and the band.
The Rolling Stones
Sunday, November 25, 2012
O2 Arena, London UK
Intro: drumband plays S.F.T.D. riff
01) I wanna Be Your Man
02) Get Off Of My Cloud
03) It’s All Over Now
04) Paint It Black
05) Gimme Shelter (w/ Mary J. Blige)
06) Wild Horses
07) All Down the Line
08) I’m Going Down (w/ special guest Jeff Beck)
09) Out Of Control (Mick on harmonica)
10) One More Shot (w/ Keith on backing vocals) first time live.
11) Doom And Gloom
12) It’s Only Rock ‘N Roll (But I Like It) (w/ Bill Wyman on bass)
13) Honky Tonk Women (featuring Grrregory!) (vocals Lisa Fischer and pianosolo Chuck Leavell)
14) Before They Make Me Run (vocals Keith)
15) Happy (vocals Keith and Ronnie Wood on slide guitar)
16) Midnight Rambler (w/ Mick Taylor on guitar and Mick Jagger on harmonica)
17) Miss You (Darryl Jones basssolo and Bobby Keys saxsolo)
18) Start Me Up
19) Tumbling Dice
20) Brown sugar
21) You Can’t Always Get What You Want (w/ the London Youth Choir)
22) Jumpin’Jack Flash
The final bow. Playing ‘Cherry Oh Baby’ on the speakers as the fans leave.
Thanks to our TBA? twitter friends #O2Stones for setlist- and photo updates, straight from the O2 tongue and lips. Soon a concert review of the second O2 gig by Paul ‘MausWatts’ who is – just like Charlie himself – too cool for twitter! More photo’s here.
Stones through the years…
I Wanna Be Your Man (single, 1963); Get Off Of My Cloud (single, 1965); It’s All Over Now (single, 1964); Paint It Black (single, 1966); Gimme Shelter (from Let It Bleed, 1969); Wild Horses (from Sticky Fingers, 1971); All Down The Line (from Exile On Main Street, 1972); I’m Going Down (from Metamorphosis, 1969); Out Of Control (from Bridges To Babylon, 1998); One Last Shot (from GRRR, 2012); Doom and Gloom (from Grrr, 2012); It’s Only Rock and Roll (from It’s Only Rock And Roll, 1974); Honky Tonk Woman (single, 1969); Before They Make You Run (from Some Girls, 1978); Happy (from Exile On Main Street, 1972); Midnight Rambler (from Let It Bleed, 1969); Miss You (from Some Girls, 1978); Start Me Up (from Tattoo You, 1981); Tumbling Dice (From Exile On Main Street, 1972); Brown Sugar (from Sticky Fingers, 1971); Sympathy For The Devil (from Beggars Banquet, 1968); You Can’t Always Get What You Want (from Let It Bleed, 1969); Jumping Jack Flash (single, 1968). [live footage by JvO]